The bedtime routine of a mom with boys is not always easy as it can be frustrating, chaotic and sometimes entertaining. Try to remember that the little moments can be forgotten easily, so treasure the time together no matter how tired you are.
Our Bedtime Routine on a Crazy Day
You know you are a mom of two busy boys and soon to be three when your bedtime routine is the following:
1. It’s 8:00pm and neither boy is in bed and the one that is in utero is kicking up a storm.
2. Bathroom time and both boys pee all over the toilet seat and potty.
3. The youngest then bits his tongue by hitting his chin on the bathroom counter after brushing his teeth. Needless to say, there is blood everywhere as he is running down the hallway crying because he realizes he is bleeding.
4. You get the youngest cleaned up and then your oldest proceeds to chase the youngest through the kitchen and drags him down the hallway to the bedroom using his shirt collar, while they both laugh!
5. They both bounce all over the bed while changing into pyjamas. Near misses!
6. Milk gets dumped all over the bedroom floor.
7. They finally settle down and are almost asleep and you feel something wet on your pants and the bed. You then realize the bed is absolutely soaked because your youngest played with his diaper and pee-ed all over the bed comforter and bed sheets! But they are asleep …….
No matter what, they look so innocent when they sleep and it is all so worth it. Tomorrow will be another day to do it all over again and enjoy every minute (well almost every minute)!
I would love to hear a story from one of your crazy bedtime routine nights!